Task: “Create an album cover that parodies famous 1920s Russian avant-garde design using a photo of yourself”
Steps I had to follow.
1. Use a black photo of myself (i did the shouting one because I think if had lived in the Soviet Union, thats how I would of felt).
2. Choose only 6 typefaces and mix and match.
3. Create a kind of collage with a contrasting background.
4. “Add elements to give your character a unique twist.”
5. Colour and add shadows y’all.
Doing anything Russian is hard because they used blocks. Thick heavy blocks like fat legos. This is what i created:
*Everything in quotes is from the book by Steven Heller, Graphic Style Lab